UPCOMING CLASS (Limit 12)
• Sunday March 11th, 1:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. $25.
ACE Avoid, Counter, Escape.
Empowering women with self-defense tactics and psychology.
• Accept the reality you could be a victim.
• Be aware of your surroundings.
• Deny privacy when possible.
• Locks, alarms, security (even perceived).
• Posture and projected confidence.
• Role play situations in your head:
• "What I would I do now if..."
• Stance (feet shoulder width, bend knees, back straight, weight distributed evenly.)
• Blocking (lining the body up and sweeping out the entire zone.)
• Striking: Elbows, knees, overhead claw (throwing a baseball), underhand claw (pitching a softball), stomping, and the rear hammer-fist. All strikes hit with the power of your entire body to their vulnerable parts. Hit through not to your target.
• Weapon Defense: Strategies and techniques when facing knife or gun.
• Seek public spaces.
• Draw attention while running away.
• Your counter will influence your escape path.
Click here to read a blog entry summary of one young lady who participated in this course.
Pay by phone (423) 267-0855, stop into our Dojo, or use the PayPal link for secure online payment. Note: No refunds if you register and then decide to not attend because space is limited. In the unlikely event a class is cancelled we will issue a full refund.